Xantia LHM query

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

leesorbit
My Cars:

Xantia LHM query

Post by leesorbit »

Hey All,
Am new to forum and hoping someone can ease my worrys! I'm not totally new to the world of Citroens - used to own a 99 Saxo but am now the proud owner of a 1996 2.0 16v Xantia LX.
About 2 weeks ago I was preforming the first lot of major checks since i got the car. Got round to doing the LHM, set the car to max height with the engine running and discovered the float was lower than both lines... No warning lights had illuminated so I drove to my local Halfords and picked up some LHM and topped it up so that when in max height the float was just over half way between.
Now two weeks later when in max height the float is just resting on the lower red line, so my LHM must be going somewhere?? There are no puddles under the car at all and i've noticed no suspension/braking/steering probs!! Is this normal for a xantia?? Any Ideas??
Thanks!!!
Lee.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Ensure that the car is on flat ground when checking the level.
The only place where the LHM can go is into the spheres, if the diaphragm ruptures.
Check the spheres for proper 'springiness' front and back with the engine running.
At switch-on, the pressure warning lights should take 13 seconds to go out.
If it's much less, it's probable that a sphere is full of LHM instead of compressible nitrogen.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Get under the car (OBSERVE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS), and see if there's any sign of leakage. Many LHM leaks occur only on the move, and won't leave a mark on the ground, but use the fluid up surprisingly quickly.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

check you carpet below the brake peddle,if its wet smell it to see if its LHM (CITRO BLOOD) if it is then the ruber cap on the peddle end of dozer valve has probably splut
regards malcolm
leesorbit
My Cars:

Post by leesorbit »

Thanks for the tips...
I'll take another look at it at the weekend and keep my eye on it [:)]
Cheers