rear heated screen

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bad driver
My Cars:

rear heated screen

Post by bad driver »

Hi I'm guessing this applies universally to all cars, on the heated rear screens how does the connector bond to the screen? Mine has been caught getting stuff in and out the boot and is no longer attached, with winter drawing in I want to re attach it.
If it makes an difference its on a pug 306 TD 1995
Thanks
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

The metal is bonded into the glass at point of manufacture. I'm not to sure how you can re-attach it. But be carefull as this happedned on my xsara. Any how next day after messing with it it shattered. Not pretty. Ask the Citroen guys this question as they'll have some product you can use.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I have repaired one successfully using conductive paint and araldite, first I painted the connector tag with the paint and taped it to the glass, then I araldited it into position, a bit tricky though
stewart
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

OK thanks, I doubt the screen will shatter as its been this way for a while and has been bashed a bit. (regularly carry a dirt bike in the back of car)
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Similar to oilyspanner- I have used the two-pack reactive superglue from wickes (I can't remember what its called-you spray an activator onto one surface, put the glue on the other surface) to reattach one- I then painted it with a track of conductive silver paint sold for the purpose of repairing rear screen demisters- I think its by Comma and about a fiver for a tiny bottle!!
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

ive tried similar stuff before.
unfortunately with very little success!