general grumble

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

peter mawer
My Cars:

general grumble

Post by peter mawer »

So I went to the local key cutting shop to check about my failed remote for a T reg, chap told me what was wrong and apologised for not being able to sort it, not allowed the stuff . Went to local citroen dealer who qouted a minimum of £175.00 to sort it ( AAAAGGGGGHHHH). Thinking this was S**T service I wrote to Citroen Uk Limited ( does the last word relate to the brain cells )a guy called Richard O'Dare ( do they get the job because of the name, if so I shall change my name to Mr. I'm happy to help even though I am not too sure, you will get the feeling I actually tried. ) wrote back saying and I quote exact words "If you are not happy with your present dealer, I would suggest using another one". I will write back and explain the system of a free market to him. Anyway regarding the R reg ( up for sale )rang my local scapyard and they had an N reg xantia in, got a new radio cassette ( with code ) a new fob programmed straight away ( swop the key over ) and my wheel covers for £30. Cheers Barkers of Grimsby and Citroen UK I am learning.
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

barkers are useless,i wanted an alternator belt tensioner for a belingo 1.9d.told me it wasnt a citroen original part fitted to that model so couldnt sort it out( cant be bothered more like!)
went to dixon peugeot in grimsby and they cross referenced the vehicle to peugeot etc,and had all parts in my hand within five minutes!
all main dealers want to do is sell new cars,and dont give a toss about after sales!![}:)]
peter mawer
My Cars:

Post by peter mawer »

P.S. the scrapyard was Moore and Pinder and unlike the other one in town they did not say " get it yourself its out in the yard past the rovers, fords, pergeoooos "phonetics" etc etc 3 cars up " They actually helped "wowee what a diffference that made" cheers Tony and John.
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

if you need any advice on citroens,i did 17 years on them!