405 Alarm - Not a faq.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mbunting
My Cars:

405 Alarm - Not a faq.

Post by mbunting »

Quick question.
I have a 95 405 GTX Estate ( auto ), with the Mk 2 immobiliser ( S button ), and sensors in the A-pillars.
The battery in the keyfob is dead, so I only use the key.
I don't have the "alarm key".
When I turn the key to the ignition position, the alarm goes "beep" in a mute tone, and then can click in an almost "rattle" type pattern. I type the code in, the light goes green ( still the muffled clicking noise from the siren ), and when I start the engine, the noises stop.
When I stop the engine, the noises don't come back, unless I turn the key back to the aux position and then the ignition position ( no need to type in code again ).
I think the alarm is turned "off", but I'm not sure as there are no markings on the alarm barrel.
Any ideas as to why this clicking noise comes from the siren ( only when in the ignition position before firing the car, both before and after code entry )
If it's any help, the O/S brake light doesn't work ( even though new bulb ), the passenger mirror doesn't work, and the external temperature gague doesn't work ( these are obviously related, and I'll look at these in due course ).
My main concern is the alarm, in-case it bites me in the arse one day !
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Well, I'm going to troubleshoot this problem as and when
a) I have time and
b) I can be bothered.
I got stuck in a jam this morning, the car was getting warm, and the fan cutting in an out as designed, and working fine.
Then the alarm started clicking ( a bit like a grass-hopper ), and continued to do so until I turned the engine off later in the journey.
So, it would seem perhaps a loose connection - as the engine bay heats up the metal in the plug/socket expands and affects the connection.
We'll see...