605 Model specs

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Adstar
My Cars:

605 Model specs

Post by Adstar »

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where there is a web site containing the model specs for the 605?
Either that, or can someone tell me if the SRDT has aircon as standard? The one I am looking to buy has a sun roof and climate control, but no mention of aircon in the advert. I could ask the seller, but I want to find out what I should be expecting for my money before I find out what its missing!
Thanks
Adam.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

If its got climate control then it has to have air conditioning as that it part of it !
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Not necessarily. According to mr MartyHopkirk, his AX had climate control. Which it did. Wind the window down, and the climate in the car changes. By using the window winder you can control the climate in the car, hence climate control.
Actually, I've often heard people quote "climate control" when the car actually just has a standard heater. Your best bet with this car is simply to look at it, and see what it has. Many systems were "optional extras", so one 605 SRDT won't necessarily be the same as another.
Adstar
My Cars:

Post by Adstar »

So chances are it will have aircon then. I have seen several leaflets where aircon and climate control are seperate items. Thats why I asked. I was also a bit worried about the sunroof. In my previous experience, there would be no need for a sunroof with aircon.
Any way. It doesn't really matter. I shall be seeing (and barring any nasty electrical faults) buying a shiney white 605 tomorrow. I will find out exactly what it comes with then wont I!
Thanks for the replys.
Ad
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

605's are very nice, but the XM is better !! :) , i think the 605, XM and Alfa 164 all share the same floorplan
hill

Post by hill »

Climate control/Air con and a sunroof are not a common combination but I've got both on my 406 GTX family. Best of both worlds. Actual climate control (Rather than opening the windows) is a step up from air-con.
Adstar
My Cars:

Post by Adstar »

I now have a nice 605. Its only the SLDT (I wanted more) but I suppose I have less electricery to go wrong. The sunroof doesn't work tho!!! Motor is fine (or sounds ok) so I am looking into getting it fixed.