Noise when steering right

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

woodhead722

Noise when steering right

Post by woodhead722 »

Our 205D passed the MOT last week but there is a noise when turning right only.
<b>It sounds like a scraping</b>, but I can see nothing to foul the wheel movement. It is NOT the clicking that you often hear with knackered CV/driveshaft problems.
I have shaken the wheel top to bottom thinking bearings, but I can feel no play. It has power steering if you think that may contribute.
Suprised not detected on MOT. Any suggestions please?
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

It could be something stuck in the brakes. Try gently applying the brake when it makes the noise and see if it goes away (or just changes note)
I've had similar noises in the past which have turned out to be a wheel bearing. It seemed to run true, no play, no rough running, but when dismantled the bearing running surface looked like the grand canyon.
sentinal3_16
My Cars:

Post by sentinal3_16 »

Could it be the power steering.My car had similar problem,the power steering was the culprit.
woodhead722

Post by woodhead722 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sentinal3_16</i>

Could it be the power steering.My car had similar problem,the power steering was the culprit.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
What was it re the PAS? Do you remember?
As for the problem, I'll jack it up on Sunday and spin the wheel in forward & right directions
woodhead722

Post by woodhead722 »

Nothing conclusive from inspection or driving / braking.
Need a big empty car park!!