The thinking mans street sleeper??

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

born2die
My Cars:

The thinking mans street sleeper??

Post by born2die »

Says he is not a boy racer but he is certanally (biggin lol) it up enough to be one. nice looking activa though minus the drilled airwhatsitname.
Makes me wish mine was well enough to go for a nice sedate drive[:D]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Points awarded for understanding what Tristian is on about here.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

not quite sure myself think it was in reference to the way he was hyping the activa up ok its fast but not quite a street sleeper.
from another ad
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-Xantia-2- ... dZViewItem
Reliability is one of Citroen’s key selling points, I have had 3 Citroens in my life and they have all been as reliable as a Swiss timepiece.
If you want a reliable piece of French workmanship with a thoroughbred engine and copious comfortable room for the family and/or business you wont go far wrong with my Xantia estate, it provides all the comfort generally found in more expensive German saloons, my last car was a 7 series BMW, so I know this to be fact.
last one maybee but I cant seem to keep my xantia on the road for more than 2 months at a time before it breaks again??
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Ahhh - and the light goes on.
Have to agree about the Xantias fragility, mine has electrical gremelins which would drive a saint to swear.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Presumably there should have been a link in the first post???
Jamie
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

To slow to be a sleeper ... Though not many cars could keep up with one around a few corners.
If you want a sleeper far better would be a bog standard 160hp BX16valve, or CX GTi Turbo.... They are much faster, though a lot of the modern hot hatches (eg: clio sport, Megane turbo, Integra etc...) will beat them with ease in a traffic light grand prix.
seeya,
Shane L.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

No. The thinking man's street sleeper isn't French. There are two.
1974 MB 300 sel 6.3
Maserati Biturbo saloon.
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

My bro in law had a cracking activa in blue. All the toys and a ride so plush my farmer giles never complained. Not to mention an input socket on the front of the stereo - 10 years before the advent of the iPlod! Kewl. He sold it for a 205 GiT and it's as well he did, for with less than 70k on the clock and a book heaving with dealer stamps, it threw a rod and made a pleasingly artistic hole in the crankcase a few weeks later.
chaseracer

Post by chaseracer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

No. The thinking man's street sleeper isn't French. There are two.
1974 MB 300 sel 6.3
Maserati Biturbo saloon.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Merc? Agreed. Maser? No - think Lancia Thema 8.32...[8D]
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

What Mr Racer? Why go for an overly complex Left hand drive Fiat? If you must have a Thema, go for the turbo - same engine as the Integrale of fame yet it looks like a boring saloon! Then you can go and terrorise the reps in their Beemers on the motorway!
I've always loved the idea of the Q car which is why I want a V8 2cv that looks standard! That'll go in my dream garage next to the Skoda Estelle with a Porshe engine...
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

You'll get eaten by the one with a DFV.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Sorry, what's that then?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

No way can any Merc be considered a sleeper- they all come with a certificate which entitles the owner to automatically go straight to the outside lane and sit at 100mph!!
Like all German cars, except Trabants, they are exempt from speed limits and left and middle lanes- they also seem to come with headlights that flash automatically at any untermenschenmobile with the temerity to be in front of them!!
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

got to say the thema turbo or equal engine with more low down grunt the ferrari engined forgot the model number or as someone said the maser 4dr biturbo all great for terrorising the boy racer brigade
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My Dad has a Thema with a broken cam belt parked outside his house, it's been there for 5 years since the belt went (another one of those jobs he's going to get around to). The best thing about it is that it is debagdged as standard, it doesn't say anything about what it is anywhere on it, save for an "i.e." badge on the front wings. It's not a modern turbo engine with no lag, there is quite a lot of lag but when the turbo gets interested it flies.