TAXI movie....No.3

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bikeboyz
My Cars:

TAXI movie....No.3

Post by bikeboyz »

Recently watched the third Taxi movie. Still the 406, but this time the movie seems to lack something. Still great sound track, lots of Peugeot & Citroen action (sorry to say BXs do get hurt). The taxi gains snow mobile tracks too this time!
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

sounds very cool when can i get my mucky hands on this psa p**n
the first two taxi films very good it has to be said
pray tell more about the snow action does the 406 get a james bond style cloaking device too :}
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Where did you get hold of the 3rd movie? I have the 1st two on video, but I cant seem to get the 3rd? Btw - turn left, left please, LEFT and then CRASH! (through the window for the 14th time)
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

Taxi 3 is great. Well, the intro is, the film does indeed lack somewhat.
Is that really Sly Stallone in the intro sequence?
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I have it, emule I think not that im saying you should do that sort of dodgy file attaining...
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I have to say I didn't like Taxi 2. Wasn't as good as the original. The bit where the police cars just keep piling on to of each other just wasn't fun. Not enough of the sexy girlfriend either!
First film is great though!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

OK OK , let us into the secret here Ian / everyone else. You obviously dont mean the recent filum Taxi that was in the Cinemas earlier this year with Fattima Whitbread in it or someone like that... So what is it, where is it etc etc....
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

It's a classic, Marty. The 'Fatima Whitbread' version is a US remake of this French 'gem' which is about a pizza-delivery-rider-turned-Pug 406-owning taxi driver in Marseille.
The hero foils a gang of German bank robbers who drive Mercedes E-class beasts. Taxi man drives a mark 1 406, powered by what sounds like a Yamaha racing bike engine. He also gets to squire his dream woman.
It's a right load of cobblers!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Marty-If you've never seen the original Luc-Besson film, get it right now!!!
Its worth it just for the first few minutes alone-its got the best two-wheel stunt riding you will ever see, done on the pizza delivery moped.....its really quite frightening to watch!!
Its also got a BX taxi in it with Koreans in the boot..............as they say in the TV guides, in French with subtitles.
Here you go, a review-http://www.eufs.org.uk/films/taxi.html
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

And he lives in a disused garage! My ideal house [:D].
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

OK....Taxi 3 has yet to released in the UK, however the UK distributor of 1&2 happened to hint where I could buy it. If your up on your French then you can buy a copy from Amazon France online, if like me your not... then you need to buy a copy from Canada. I used www.dvdsoon.com and delivered it came to just over £12. You'll get English subtitles on the disc. You'll need a multi region dvd player.