Aircon Heater controls XM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MICHAEL LIPSCOMBE
My Cars:

Aircon Heater controls XM

Post by MICHAEL LIPSCOMBE »

Hi I am a new member and have just purchased a 1992 XM ex French Embassy car in Canberra My problem is the Aircon/Heater controls when starting the car there is a clicking coming from the control panel I turn the temp control and it stops It sounds as if a gear is slipping any suggestions on this problem
Many Thanks [?]
aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

heater flap servo hitting the end-stops perhaps? could be worn brushes in the servo motor.
it's located on the LHS of the heater assembly up above the footwell vent. Access is a pain, but if you can get a hand up to it, you can feel a lever that will move to/fro as you change the temperature settings. When you first power up the car, the control panel will wiggle the motor a little to get position feedback from the servo, you may hear a little whirring for a moment when it does this.
I had one that kept getting stuck at one end (hot, unfortunately) or would just not respond at all.
It's held in by 2 philips screws, but not much access. need to remove the dash lower trim panel and maybe the tunnel carpet panel too. You may be able to overhaul it if it's this that's the problem.
regards
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Funny - mine has just packed up this morning! The easiest way to get to it is to remove the glove box, not forgetting the screw under the trim by the lock.
aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

true, for RHD in any case
MICHAEL LIPSCOMBE
My Cars:

Post by MICHAEL LIPSCOMBE »

Thanks Guys will follow your advice and let you know it certainly gives me a good starting point