ZX - unpredictable rear wiper behaviour

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chris_L

ZX - unpredictable rear wiper behaviour

Post by Chris_L »

Hi,
I have a '93 ZX Volcane and have noticed some rather unpredictable behaviour from the rear wiper. Its not really a problem, simply something that I don't understand.
OK so you can switch the wiper on by twisting the wiper stalk end, then it fires the wiper every so often. If you just want the wiper to wipe once and then stop, then you simply twist it on, then off again quickly. The thing is, if I do this in mine, sometimes the wiper will wipe the screen once, and sometimes it will do it 3 times one after the other! It seems to happen completely at random. Does anybody have an explanation for this behaviour or how I can get it to wipe once or 3 times reliably?
Thanks,
Chris
Jon

Post by Jon »

Chris my last 2 ZX's have done exactly the same, always assumed its something to do with the relay unit. Not really a worry. Its just a quirk of the breed.
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
Gaz
My Cars:

Post by Gaz »

Are you sure that you're not accidently trying to spray water onto the window at the same time. When wetting the window, it'll wipe a few times, if you don't have any water or a blockage you wouldn't see the difference. Electrical fault of the stalk or maybe you have fingers like clubs?
Just a suggestion.
Gaz