406 Key Fob Cover

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

colinfor

406 Key Fob Cover

Post by colinfor »

Having read many of the posts on key fobs it seems I'm the lucky one because it actually works.
My problem is that the two buttons on the fob have all but disintegrated. Fortunately the door locking button is still functional but the deadlock button wont operate.
I have since picked out the remnants of the small button exposing the white micro switch that I can operate with the point of a byro !
I enquired with the local dealer about a replacement cover for the key but they said that they were not available. Apparently my only choice is the £97 new key saga !
Whe you split the fob, say for a battery change, the part with the buttons and the circuit board comes away seperate. The CB could then be removed leaving the upper part of the key case with the buttons. I dont understand why this isnt a spare part.
Any ideas ?
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

The rubber buttons on my remote fob wore out and I managed to purchase a new case off ebay for about £7.
pumbaah
My Cars:

Post by pumbaah »

guys,
could u tell me where on ebay u got that...my deadlocking cover is a goner too... making in quite cumbersome..
i now use the other key and do it manually ..sigh
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

Do a search on ebay.co.uk for peugeot plip case.
colinfor

Post by colinfor »

Excellent, thanks very much. I never thought on looking at e-bay. Quite a few to choose from. Dont you go bidding against me now Pumbah [:D]
pumbaah
My Cars:

Post by pumbaah »

hey,
only found the plip for the 306...wonder if its the same...looks the same but dunno if its the same as the 406 mfg in 1999...