False Alarms... 1997 P 1.9TD Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ayari
My Cars:

False Alarms... 1997 P 1.9TD Xantia

Post by Ayari »

Hi Guys,
When I set the alarm all is fine for maybe hours but then it will go off for no reason. Doesnt matter if its parked on the flat or on a slope. Any Ideas?
Regards
Andi
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

you can try disarming the internal sensors or pulling a fuse to disable the alarm completely which is what I did I think this is a common fault with xantias. Someone on the board should be able to tell you how to disable the internal sensors as I have forgotten. Or try doing a search of the forum.
tris
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

There's a button to the right of the dash that you press for a few seconds before a light comes on (the light that flashes near the middle air vents) when the alarm is set. I understand this is used for when you have animals/pets in the car that would otherwise set off the internal sensor.
I have the same problem which occurs during wet days or times of high humidity. When at home, I disable it to prevent annoying the neighbours. When in an isolated car park (not near residences or offices), I tend to not worry about it.
turbo201
My Cars:

Post by turbo201 »

I had this problem and took the fuse out to cure it.
I don't see the car as being high on a thieves wants list and let's face it,who takes notice of an alarm going off any more!
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

It can be caused by the proximity of various types of radio transmitters, does it still happen if you are parked at a different location?
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> It can be caused by the proximity of various types of radio transmitters, does it still happen if you are parked at a different location?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yep, that's what I've found. Taxi radios will set mine off, no problem. And I once sat outside my house while my alarm went off <i><b>three times</b></i>. Each time, one particular guy's lorry was passing by. Go figure.
Ayari
My Cars:

Post by Ayari »

Thanks for the help guys, Yes it does happen in diff locations and I think taxis maybe the cause as I live on a main road and taxi traffic here is high. Its not that the car is stealworthy but the stereo etc
I will just disable the sensors :-)
Thans again
Andi