Radio Repeater Display Series 2 XM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oli_25_uk
My Cars:

Radio Repeater Display Series 2 XM

Post by oli_25_uk »

Ok,
So here's a question...
I want to put a new stereo in my series 2 XM - I know about the cable to keep the steering wheel controls working (for headunits from Sony et al) but does anyone know if there are any head units and/or cables that support repeating the Radio display on the XM information panel (left hand screen) in the way that the factory fit one does.
Would love to know!
OLIx
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Not all XMs have this facility, I have had four 2.1td estates and only one has had the radio display you mention, so I think the answer is probably,No.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

I searched for such an adaptor when i upgraded the stereo in my XM, and got told everywhere i tried that it couldnt be done and it was a proprietary bus format that was being used, the only option i was given was to just add a cd changer to the standard head unit or loose the remote display, i went for the loosing the display option in the end and fitted a high end alpine head unit and never once missed the remote display !
rg
My Cars:

Post by rg »

The LHS display usually packs up anyway due to bad design and deterioration of the ribbon cable/LCD interface!!
It may be worth posing on the yahoo autos XM group, as I seem to recall that this has been discussed. Plus there is the "Club XM" site.
rg