Wierd Electrical Glitches

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

born2die
My Cars:

Wierd Electrical Glitches

Post by born2die »

My oil light has suddenley decided to come on and flicker for 15-30 seconds after start up. iknow that this means I am low on oil but after checking the oil again and again over the last week it has used none and the oil level is on the full mark. Also my STOP light has decided it has a life of its own, It never works from start up but if I give it some boot the stop light comes on and stays on unless I rev too strong at the lights when it goes out again but as soon as I get a bit down the road it comes back on?.
I think something is very much amiss as when you are driving too much acceleration causes the engine to splutter and lose power until you ease off the gas a bit the it goes back to normal and so long as you are gentle you can accelerate as normal. This is also coupled with a tendancy to stall at lights low revs and can make parking in a car park quite embarassing?
If anyone can shed light on these problems I would be gratefull. I have had the engine code read and it came back with no problems.
Also how hard is it to change an internal cv gaiter as I need this doing for its MOT.
Many thanks in advance
Tristian
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Have you double checked the oil switch on the block? or is it on the dip stick like the old Talbot Horizon 1.3. Could be that the 'STOP' light's comming on because the oil light is showing.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I take it this is a petrol engine, as diesels dont usually splutter. The first thing I would go for is plugs and leads, although that wont normally cause stalling. On your flickering light problem, I would go with Stuart, check the oil pressure switch.