XM alarm and suspension niggles

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kenhall
My Cars:

XM alarm and suspension niggles

Post by kenhall »

My 96 XM 2.1TD has two intermittent problems:
1. The alarm goes off at random unless the internal ultrasonic detection is over-ridden using the dash push button. My local Citroen garage quoted £22 for the supply of two replacement dashboard sensors. Has anyone experienced and successfully fixed this problem which I think also occurs in Xantias.
2. Often within a mile of the first journey of the day the rear of the car will suddently drop from normal ride height to the bump stops (as if the spheres had suddenly lost LHM pressure)and then slowly recover back to normal ride height again. For the rest of the day the rear suspension is fine. My guess is that there is a lazy (dirty?) valve somewhere possibly associated with the centre sphere or the anti-sink system. Any advice please? NB All spheres and LHM were replaced about 18 months ago with Andyspares 'Comfort' type.
Thanks, Ken Hall
geoff_old

Post by geoff_old »

Hello. Don't know any technical reasons but I was caught out by the inside glass panel at the back ( has air con.)which would move after the alarm was set, if I had opened the boot.Stupid aint it.
Cheers
Geoff.
G Gould