BX front height corrector - dead?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

czenda
My Cars:

BX front height corrector - dead?

Post by czenda »

Hi, the front corrector of my BX will not let car sit into any other than the highest position (well, it will, but I have to reach down from the engine compartment and push from the engine side).
Is this a sign of dead corrector, or may it be something more benign, like air in the system? I had to replace a rotten overflow pipe today, the black rubber one joining with FDV overflow.
It is probably worth noting that I tried to remedy the fault by fooling around with levers as the piece of plate actually touching the corrector pushrod was, for some mysterious reason, misaligned with the pushrod to the extent that it was not touching it.
Back works fine.
Thanks for any hint.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Its probably just stuck, try a few applications of WD40 on the linkage over a few days.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I'd "exercise" the height corrector linkage up and down with your hands a few times to make the car go up and down. In this way the linkage will become more used to moving freely. If it still isn't working, then (ideally) get the car over a pit and go through the height adjustment procedures in the manuals. Also, you can check to see if the long rod from the adjustment lever to the front height corrector linkage is bent.