Multichanger Power

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

doofah
My Cars:

Multichanger Power

Post by doofah »

I've got an RF cd multichanger left over from a much older car. I figure, rather than losing my CIT headunit, I can simply add this to the existing setup and keep my controls on the steering wheel! YAY!
But I need a permanent feed and a remote feed. Now I haven't pulled the HU out yet, but don't really want to be cutting and splicing the cables for the HU if theres a better place to run the feeds from.
So, before I get creative inside my dash, and given my cd changer will be in the boot, does anyone have any useful information to contribute?
Thanks guys
Curt
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Yes, give me the boot changer so i can have my steering wheel controls back....damn JVC, fancy not thinking about Xantia steering wheel controls connectivity. [:(!]
doofah
My Cars:

Post by doofah »

lol sorry, I can't...
Okay I guess I'm pulling power from the HU then. [praises RDD for sending the HU manual]
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Use some scotch clips on the wires behind the stereo (generally dont do any harm to existing wires, and always seem to work well). The xantia handbook has the wiring diagram in it for the standard raido.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

The CD changer leads are avalible from Citroen main dealers. Bought one ages ago cost £40. Same one for the wifes Reno a mere £20. As for live feeds. I've personally always gone for the permanent from the battery and fed through a fire wall / baulk head grommit. Ignition live position 2 of the ignition switch itself.