Pollen Filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Pollen Filter

Post by mezuk04 »

Just wondering if my model and year of Xantia has a Pollen Filter, i believe it is kept above the footwell carpet on the passenger side next to the blower motor secured in a plastic housing, am i correct???
Regards
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

If it's got aircon it will have a pollen filter. There should be a long thin cover running basically front / rear. It should have 3 screws in it on your car. the Pollen filter is about 9" square and slides out vertically down once you've got the cover off.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My Xantia has a pollen filter, the cover over it slides off and isn't actually held in by screws. The carpet / trim which covers it is held in by screws, it should have 4 or 5 but there are a couple missing...
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Well put a pollen filter in - there wasnt one there to begin with!!
Held on by 3 screws but pops off instead of sliding.
Im slowly getting the Xantia on top form [:I], just wondering whether i fork out £120 for the air con compressor now and then probably about £80 for it to be gassed and checked before my holiday to Cornwall next Saturday or wait a little bit till i get my balance back up.
And that really would be the Xantia sorted, i also lubed up the pliper too, thats working spot on now too [:D]