xantia 16v XU10J4R drivebelt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sitron

xantia 16v XU10J4R drivebelt

Post by sitron »

xantia petrol 2litre 16v with aircon changed belt old one marked 1648 new one marked 1660 which i think is the length of the belt can any one confirm if this difference is important ie can the autotensioner cope
i failed to clarify the belt route before removal and followed the layout in the haynes manual of approximations for diesels with aircon but my alternator pulley is very close to the top tensioner roller and i am concerned that the run from the autotensioner to the hydropump pulley will run through the gap can any one clarify if the haynes diagram is applicable to the 16v
sitron

Post by sitron »

job done its not like the diesel layout and the access is difficult even just to see how it fits and clearance between hydro and alternator pulley and top roller is about 6mm so threading the belt is tight but its very satisfying to have car going and i should get my car back off mrs sitron tonight
episode started with report that aircon didnt work as didnt temp gauge and nasty smell of burning then a few days later it wouldnt start seemed like a jammed starter so off to garage who agreed starter needed replacing and quoted £250 for the starter and another £200 for the driveshaft bearing so they were thanked heartily for their good work and we took car back to scrap it however i couldnt resist taking off the inlet manifold to check the starter which was pristine and worked ok however the air con compressor pulley was breaking up so sourced a good used unit and so for £50 and a good few hours labour most of which is headscratching the car survives till the next time