Practical Classics

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bikeboyz
My Cars:

Practical Classics

Post by bikeboyz »

My 504 ended up a small pic this time in Practical Classics, P13 this month :-) Does anybody have any 2006 French Car events dates/locations?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

I thought it was yours!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

And there's also the story about the loony with 90 2cv's........but have a look in their classifieds, Bikeboyz-http://www.practicalclassics.co.uk/clas ... 341106728;.......now stop drooling.......
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Nah... never liked the Coupe or Cabriolet models, the change to wheels and front/rear really took away all the design of 504! Anyway I may be the owner of a rare 104 by the end of the week.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bikeboyz</i>

Anyway I may be the owner of a rare 104 by the end of the week.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Mmmm, nice in Black[:D] - 30K miles!!![:0]
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Is the loony with the 2CV's the guy in Wales??
He has been taken to court over it all and will probably be loosing the lot and his land it seems. And yes i know people who have met him, he is a loony.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stinkwheel</i>

Is the loony with the 2CV's the guy in Wales??
He has been taken to court over it all and will probably be loosing the lot and his land it seems. And yes i know people who have met him, he is a loony.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I think he <b>loosed</b> them a long time ago, but they would not go anywhere! He might be losing them now, though. [;)]
Shame such things cannot be saved for spares at least[:(]
I wonder how one defines a loony? Or even how one is sane?
Nosh for brainfood....
chaseracer

Post by chaseracer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by uhn113x</i>
Shame such things cannot be saved for spares at least[:(]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Believe me, it wasn't for want of trying on the part of 2CVGB members...
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Yes, to widen the topic a bit there's nothing more annoying than a car hoarder who won't sell them or donate them,and just lets them rot until its to late to save them!!!
Near my office theres a series 1 Sunbeam Alpine rotting in the same garden as a big old Humber Snipe, theres also a Minor convertible dteriorating daily in another garden. A Granada Coupe appeared recently as well when a house and garden were cleared by property developers.It had bushes growing through it and was rotten as a pear, a crying shame....
The Alpine is a shame because its an early one with a factory hardtop and the big fins, but its just been left for the last 8 years that I know of, and is completely shot now.
The worse case though was close by in Wood street, Walthamstow, where a mad old boy had a horde of Bristols in the back garden, I think 5 or 6- the undergrowth was too thick to tell, and you had to squint through gaps in the fence.
If anyone knocked on his door he would just rant and rave, he was a bit like Mr Trebus, and when he died the house was sold to developers, the Bristols just vanished, most likely straight to the scrappers, and the space was taken up by tiny flats.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Didnt get the 104. Outbid at the last min, maybe just as well as it seemed it was painted in gloss.....
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Gloss is good at protecting metalwork, as long as it hasnt been applied over rust.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Soooooo..........didn't get the 104???
Well then,how about a Montego........your 'modern classic' recommendation over on the Practical Classics forum-your disguise has been rumbled!!!![:D]
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Well I have fond memories of my late Grandfathers Montego. It was the 2L Vanden Plaz in metalic blue. Leather and fake wood. He never drove it hard, but we had to catch a train in Bristol early one morning and overslept. The monty sure flew getting on for 120 down that motorway. But when did you last see a decent Montego?
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I used to know someone who restored a red C reg 1.6L. Couldn't work out why but it was sort of nice to see a former "repmobile" in top condition. My Dad had a few. They all were dreadful when it was wet. Three cylinders were deemed enough in these conditions...
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

www.frenchcarshow.co.uk for a date in 06 with regards to french stuff :D