Xantia door switch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HST

Xantia door switch

Post by HST »

I have a facelift model Xantia & the driver's door light switch doesn't work. Passenger side is OK & lights up the dashboard warning light and interior.
I believe the switch is incorporated into the door lock. Before I start pulling the door apart, I was wondering if anyone had any experience of fixing this problem? Haynes only states that the switch exists!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

That would be the usual push switch in the door pillar. Either in the A-pillar or the B-pillar.
Resetting the fixing screw often clears the problem.
HST

Post by HST »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

That would be the usual push switch in the door pillar. Either in the A-pillar or the B-pillar.
Resetting the fixing screw often clears the problem.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'm afraid not (except on early cars). There is no such switch on either pillar. It definitely works via the door lock mechanism: with the passenger door open, flicking the latch so that it thinks it is closed makes the warning light go out. Opening the door handle (still with the door open) turns the light out again.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hmmm - nothing seems to be like it looks anymore ...
the switch is then build into the lock. I'd try my luck fiddling with 5the door to pillar bellow looking fo abad wire. Bit easier to fix that kind of problem than disassembling the lock assembly ... [:(]
HST

Post by HST »

Well, I'm glad I didn't rush to pull the door apart. It started working all by itself today. But for how long??
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Speaking of which, does anyone know where the tailgate switch is ? Mine is a little bit intermitant and I'd like to fix it since it also activates the anti-jolt feature of the hydractive 2 system.
Regards,
Simon
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

Apparently its a tilt switch with the tailgate
Brian
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

most of the older cits the tail gate switch was a short copper tube with an earth bracket spot welded to one end,a bullit conector the other end and a ball bearing in side so when the tail gate is open the ball rolls down the tube and earths out the bullit conector
regards malcolm