306xsi Engine cuts out when cold due too low idle

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chrunci

306xsi Engine cuts out when cold due too low idle

Post by chrunci »

Hi Everyone,
I am totally stuck here. My 8valve N reg xsi is cutting out when idling and cold. I'll try list a few symtoms.
When starting the car from cold the idle speed is way too low to prevent the engine from stalling. To recify this problem i adjusted little grub screw on the throttle assemble to "frig" the revs up and keep the engine ticking over.
As you can imagine when the car is up too running temperature this leaves the idle speed excessivly high and the need to reset the grub screw.
The problem is also a little erratic in that sometimes i can start the car from cold and have no problems. Also i have allowed the car to reach running temperature and it doesn't idle over fast until i restart it.
I have checked the thermistor bead at the air intake just before the throttle damper for gunge or dirt ..its clean.
Any suggestions to where to start looking whould be really helpful as i'm stuck now.
Thanks in advance.
Linchpin

Post by Linchpin »

Sounds like some sort of air temp sensor fault... proberbly need to get it code read, although im not sure.