Is alarm same as immobiliser on Expert?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Is alarm same as immobiliser on Expert?

Post by Wookey »

Hi,
I have an 1997 Expert which came with a peugeot-fitted alarm and two keys/plips (2-button plips). There is no keypad - just one red LED. I added my own central locking which is independent of the above, and only works on the physical locks.
It all works fine except that only one of my keys will work the system at a time. Peugeot have been remarkably unhelpful and seem to know just about nothing about how it all works.
What I want to know is
a) is the immobiliser the same box as the alarm? How does it work?
b) Is it possible to get both key plips working so that both me and the wife can have a key? How?
Any info on how this stuff works would be most welcome. I've read a load of the threads on this forum which contain some interesting info but it nearly all seems to apply to systems with a keypad.
If I can't get it to work then just disabling the whole thing would be a good idea. Clues welcome.
Do people need more details in order to answer the above questions?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wookey</i>

It all works fine except that only one of my keys will work the system at a time.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
what do you mean by this ? both keys/plips work ? why do you need both to work at the same time ?
is it a FACTORY alarm or peugeot aftermarket fitted,i didnt think you could get this van with an alarm but no central locking.is there a red LED in the centre of the dash right at the windscreen ? if so then it has a transponder imobiliser which operates passivley as soon as you remove the key from the ignition switch.the imobiliser & FACTORY alarm is controled by the CPH unit located behind the dash to the right of the steering column.
Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Post by Wookey »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
what do you mean by this ? both keys/plips work ? why do you need both to work at the same time ?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I mean that both plips can be synced to the system and then work, but as soon as one works then the other seems to stop working. I want both working so I can have on and the missus can have one. At the moment there is only one key that will start the car (although both will open the doors as that is a purely mechanical operation).
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Is it a FACTORY alarm or peugeot aftermarket fitted<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I don't know - how can I tell? All I know is that it has a peugeot booklet for the alarm saying that it is a 'peugeot 300' or somesuch (I can't find it right now), suggesting that it came with the van, but maybe it was bought later from them? The actual hardware is made by Texalarm, marked AV 2155 PTM on the box.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I didnt think you could get this van with an alarm but no central locking. is there a red LED in the centre of the dash right at the windscreen ? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nope - the red LED is in the dash low to the right of the steering wheel. Thinking about it, he way this is fitted does suggest that the device is aftermarket, rather than factory-fitted.
I have some instructions from tech-tronics about how to set the plips but they don't solve the problem of only-one-key-working.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">if so then it has a transponder imobiliser which operates passivley as soon as you remove the key from the ignition switch.the imobiliser & FACTORY alarm is controled by the CPH unit located behind the dash to the right of the steering column.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That's where the box is. The immobiliser operates 20 seconds after the ignition is turned off (even if you leave the key in - bloody tiresome that). So you are saying that the alarm and immobiliser are in one box in the factory version, and this is likely to be true for aftermarket ones too?
I've drawn all the wires but I don't yet know what they do, except for the one that beeps the horn - I've put a switch in that one as normally I don't want tit making a racket.