Nylander Strut kit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rg
My Cars:

Nylander Strut kit

Post by rg »

Folks,
Is this chap still around? I have mailed him and got an "out of office" reply.
Maybe someone can answer - the strut tops appear to come in two halves - a "weld spot" is mentioned. maybe there is something "lost in translation", but do the two halves need welding, or is he describing two locating lugs?
Any other thoughts on ease of fitment and delivery welcomed!
rg
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if you mean XANTIA strut tops when they part company they are scrap,if you look up my posting on this subject it will be very clear when you see my picys
regards malcolm
rg
My Cars:

Post by rg »

Citronut,
Just to clarify, this is a question about the aftermarket XM strut top kit developed by a chap in Sweden.
See:
http://web.telia.com/~u43116231/index2.htm
rg
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Yes, the two halves must be welded at the point marked in the drawing (not a large or continuous weld though).
If he doesn't answer your e-mail. you could always try phoning him: +46 706 437315
//NiSk
rg
My Cars:

Post by rg »

NiSk,
Have you installed one of these? Does the heat of welding damage the rubber cone?
rg
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

No, my turrents disintegrated (very nearly) on my XM '93 TD12 shortly before Nylander started manufacturing his repair kit. I had to pay through the nose for 2 new units from Citroën, but since then they have increased the price by about 60%! (PSA that is).
The welding is done before the rubber is glued into the inside of the (newly formed) hemisphere.
//NiSk
rg
My Cars:

Post by rg »

Thanks.
So, they can't be produced any other way? I thought that they could be pressed/machined while?
Or am i missing something fundamental about the design??
rg