Visa meeting at the Midland Rally

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

VisaGTi16v

Visa meeting at the Midland Rally

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I went to the CCC Midlands Rally on Saturday for the afternoon and early evening before driving even further in my Visa to a hotel before a sprint yesterday. I took some photos and they can be seen in this thread on my motorclubs forum.
Mine is D951 OWA with the stickers :)
http://www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com/cgi-b ... f=1;t=1628
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Blimey, my 2cv is in the background of the last pic! Thought the Visa might be yours after seeing details at various points on the forum. I must be mad as I was drooling over the 652cc Visa!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

heh weird. I was only there from 2 till 7 ish then I had to drive back down to Epping. Was nice to see a few Visa's, not many left these days
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yangreen</i>

Blimey, my 2cv is in the background of the last pic! Thought the Visa might be yours after seeing details at various points on the forum. I must be mad as I was drooling over the 652cc Visa!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I am mad as well, then, Ian. There was a delicious brown one both at Kelso and Wetherby with an Ulster reg.
The most underrated Citroen?
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Brown - now that's going too far! Hee hee
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

My parents had a brown lna when I was younger. It got worse however when they arrived home with a brown skoda 120L. Sigh.... :) oh and they had a brown volvo once!!!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Talking of parents cars and them changing them.
When i was about 5 i went into hospital for my tonsils out and it was a bit more complex than they thought so i was there about a week.
I had been taken to hospital in my parents CX athena ( i loved that car) and was collected in a datsun stanza........i cried.
chaseracer

Post by chaseracer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yangreen</i>

Brown - now that's going too far! Hee hee
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Only when it's a Rover...[;)][:D]
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Must weld the decap...must weld the decap...must weld the decap...must weld the decap...must weld the decap!
We had a brown Visa Special - at least it hid some of the rust, but that's about all you could say for it! Following a couple of front end rearrangements we ran it for quite a long time with a red O/S front wing and white bonnet!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

If you follow my link above and see the yellow one...the owner showed me all the photos from when it was being restored. I thought my old gti had rust but blimey! This thing needed entire new floor sections etc, was quite shocking but looked good once done! She had a gti steering wheel on it with the 3 arms painted yellow and it matched the interior with its yellow exposed bits really nicely