Fuel Heater on TZD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Roscoe
My Cars:

Fuel Heater on TZD

Post by Roscoe »

I got my TZD back together and running after a cambelt mishap but the fuel heater is leaking diesel - looks like the hose nearest the drivers' side. Does anyone know if this heater is in the supply circuit from the tank to the filter or the fuel return circuit from the injector pump back to the tank? I'm thinking of bypassing it completely as I don't see much use for it here in Australia - just need to know which fuel circuit it's in.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi,
Hhe fuel heater is on the supply side of the fuel lines.
Paul
Roscoe
My Cars:

Post by Roscoe »

Thanks Paul
So there should be no problems in bypassing it with a new fuel line from the filter to wherever the existing line from the tank connects to the inlet side of the pre-heater?
cheers,
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Roscoe</i>

Thanks Paul
So there should be no problems in bypassing it with a new fuel line from the filter to wherever the existing line from the tank connects to the inlet side of the pre-heater?
cheers,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">That's exactly a common modification.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Just connect the two ends together.
Roscoe
My Cars:

Post by Roscoe »

Thanks folks
I will bypass it, but can't reach the existing ends so will pull in new fuel line to replace existing one from the end of the steel line to the filter.