ZX Volcane Rear Beam

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HFStuart
My Cars:

ZX Volcane Rear Beam

Post by HFStuart »

After being forced to off-road at 80 by a car that tried to pull out as I was overtaking, my ZX now feels massively unstable in left hand bends.
I'll check the bushes & shocks this weekend but it's possible I'm looking at a new (2nd hand) beam. So a couple of questions:
1. Any tips on making sure the one I get is OK without knackered bearings & shafts ?
2. Does anyone know the correct diameters for the Volcane torsion and a/r bars - I suspect they are stiffer (thicker) than the std ZXs
Thanks,
Stuart
HFStuart
My Cars:

Post by HFStuart »

Bump
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Would have thought it would be the front suspension that may be damaged, the rear is trailing arms so is less likely to be damaged i would have thought, but would be worth checking the 4 rear torsion bar mounts.
I would also be checking for broken front springs, bent or broken droplinks or deformed wishbones.
If you do need to get a new torsion bar it might be better to pay the bit extra and get a recon one, at least then you know its the proper type http://www.sspengineering.co.uk/
stubbsy

Post by stubbsy »

your best bet would be to source one from a 306 well up the years,just a matter of swapping over your rear disc setup.i did this on my last volcane.straight forword job