One last keypad question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

One last keypad question

Post by rossnunn »

Are we sure the keypad > ecu is a two way thing & that the code is stored in the keypad as well as the ecu.
or
does the ecu look at the code you've just punced in & compares it to the one it has?
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

on a previous question some 1 asked this and most of the people thought that the ecu held the number and it didn't matter whaere the keypad came from as the keypad didnt hold the number if that makes any sence
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I would just pay a couple of hundred more than a key pad will probably cost and get the red 16v on ebay and save all the hassle :)
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rossnunn</i>

Are we sure the keypad > ecu is a two way thing & that the code is stored in the keypad as well as the ecu.
or
does the ecu look at the code you've just punced in & compares it to the one it has?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Still having fun with the immobiliser are we???
I showed your previous post http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=15475
To 2 Peugeot technicians I know & they both P****D themselves laughing!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

lurchy666 > thanks for the decent reply, I'll get the ecu sent off & the code read, then find some way of attching a keypad & see if I can get round her that way.
VisaGTi16v > Keypad will be £10 from local scrappie. Think the 16v will cost more to buy, insure & run ;)
PowerLee > And your point is what?? or are you just posting for posting sake??
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rossnunn</i>

lurchy666 > thanks for the decent reply, I'll get the ecu sent off & the code read, then find some way of attching a keypad & see if I can get round her that way.
VisaGTi16v > Keypad will be £10 from local scrappie. Think the 16v will cost more to buy, insure & run ;)
PowerLee > And your point is what?? or are you just posting for posting sake??
I told you how do get past the immobiliser system several times & you didnt listen, I told you what circuits the immobiliser locks out & you didnt listen, I also told you powering up the fuel pump & coil pack wouldnt work & you didnt listen to that either.
Theres no helping some people is there!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I think there is a comms problem here. I did listen. I took onboard everything anyone had/has posted. I have taken some actions based on the data supplied & still face a brick wall. You see I'm trying to sort this problem without spending a) 100's of pounds & b) KEEPING the immob in a working order, if anything to help insurance.
I made the decision to try and keep the immob after a long conversation with myself & the other parties involved in helping with the whole zx thing, over a few, very cold beers. Hence maybe it not filtering through & out of my fingers!! lol
I understand now, using the information you gave, that the car the engine came out of DEFINITELY had a transponder. Something I didn't know for sure. In this same coversation, we descussed using the transponder but took the option (if there is one) of going backwards & using a keypad as this would not involve messing about trying to get the undriveable car to the dealers to get programed. There also the cost involved, price of the key + cutting + getting it matched + the airal that goes around the ignition barrell, etc etc, where as the costs involved in getting a keypad fitted, we could see, was the keypad + getting the code read from the ECU.
I have also been getting conflicting reports on the whole keypad thing. Some saying you can't just get any keypad, some saying you can. And I keep getting repeatedly told "to bypass the immob just start the car & pull the plug to the pad." - fine aslong as you can get the car to start in the first place!!
So maybe you can see the minor doofaddle I'm in right now. Hence the reason for the question above.
And thanks for all your help so far, I do relise that you have been the main source of information & guidance through all my Q's
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

or
they are not coded together,the code is stored in the ECU.you can fit any keypad (of the same type) into the car & it will still have the same code it always did.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

cool cheers