Citroen BX Radio Code

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mak224751
My Cars:

Citroen BX Radio Code

Post by mak224751 »

Hi All,
Having just bought a 1990 Citroen BX 17 TZD Estate I was wondering if anyone had any comments about them. Also there is a blaupunkt radio in it, I presume they were fitted as standard, I think the code needs entering because when i turn it on there are just a load of dashes on the display. I have the code for the radio but i don't know how to put it in can anyone help
Thanks
micitroen
My Cars:

Post by micitroen »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mak224751</i>

Hi All,
Having just bought a 1990 Citroen BX 17 TZD Estate I was wondering if anyone had any comments about them. Also there is a blaupunkt radio in it, I presume they were fitted as standard, I think the code needs entering because when i turn it on there are just a load of dashes on the display. I have the code for the radio but i don't know how to put it in can anyone help
Thanks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I have a blaupunkt rad/cass and it had the code out on it when i got it.......I attempted to put the code in it and because someone had been trying before but must have got it wrong a few times... the radio 'sulks' it has this built into it after a few wrong atts. Does your radio say COD when you turn it on? If it does and then goes into the dashes then ok if it doesn't then you need to somehow arrange to leave the radio on for as long as it takes to stop it 'sulking' and this can be a few hours sometimes depending on how many times it has been 'wronged'. If or when it does say COD then you can begin.....what 'name' of rad is it? They are usually named after a town ie Toronto, London etc. But I think they are all the same. The code is put in using the preset radio buttons pressing each one to coincide with the nos of the code.... try it, it won't register as a 'fail' unless you push the 'up' button of the manual tune for the radio so when you have it saying the right number you should press and hold the 'up' (it looks like a double chevron...or it did on mine) and that should be it. If you have any probs I'll have to dig out the book for mine as this is all from memory....pretty sure its right though. All the best.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

The "stuck" state gets longer and longer the more a wrong code is entered. It can stay in that state for several hours after a number of attempts. Time to connect up to a spare battery? You COULD get it decoded if you don't have the original but it's a process probably costing more than the radio's worth nowadays.....though I do like those old Blaupunkts.