Locating ZX alarm board

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Phil99

Locating ZX alarm board

Post by Phil99 »

Can anyone help me with this one, please ?
I have had a search through the forum, but no luck.
I am trying to locate the alarm control unit on my L Reg Citroen ZX.
I have looked almost everywhere, but no luck.
The alarm works Ok, but i need to find the control board, if possible.
I have managed to find a 'Texton" box at the very front of the car, which has a cable going to the siren disable keylock.
If anyone has any ideas, i would be very grateful
Many Thanks in advance,
Phil99
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

If its a 3door its behind the trim panel under the rear passenger window, if its a 5door i'm not sure, think i remember reading it might be under the passenger seat.
Its a rectangular black plastic box with 2 cable connectors on it, one brown and one grey with a dozen or so wires in each if i remember correctly.
Phil99

Post by Phil99 »

Thanks for coming back, VLL, appreciate it. Thanks for the info.
Yes, it's a 5 door hatch (i should have said that, i suppose)
I think you're right, that it may be under the passenger seat. Wonder if it's a big job to get to ?
We've been looking everywhere - the car's like a new pin now [:D]
AlWilliams
My Cars:

Post by AlWilliams »

I've stripped a 5 door with an Alarm, the control unit turned up behind the passenger side wing!!
Which is probably a bit more of a bugger than if it was underneath the seat[:)]
Phil99

Post by Phil99 »

Thanks for that. Mine looks like it must be a factory fit, and i think it's under the passenger seat. But it still isn't easy to get to, seems to be under some metal screening. Thinking about how to get to it. Remove the seat and lift the carpet, i suppose ? [?]
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

the siren is behind the drives side of the front bumper on 5 drs. Assume its the same on 3's
Phil99

Post by Phil99 »

Thank You for that, rossnunn. Yes, we gave it a good 'going over'[:)], managed to find the siren (marked Texton), where you said, but before we dig any deeper, thought we would ask where the control board is. I'm pretty certain it's under the passenger seat (i can hear a few faint clicks etc), but there isn't any obvious way of getting to it. There appears to be a metal 'tunnel' under the seat, i think it's in there ?
If so, is it just a case of taking out the seat and lifting the carpet etc ?
Many Thanks to all for the replies so far . . .
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I think its just bolted to the floor under the carpet. Can't remeber for sure tho, our donar ZX has one but I took it out ages ago and can't remeber where it went :p
Phil99

Post by Phil99 »

Thanks, Rossnunn, Yeah, the seat appears to be on top of a metal 'tunnel' or cavity, but not sure how to get at it. You wouldn't believe the trouble we've had locating this .[:D]
Thanks again . . .
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

If its the same type of system as on my 3-door (factory fitted), you'll hear it clicking if you disable the siren and set the alarm off. Might help you pin it down for sure.
Phil99

Post by Phil99 »

Thanks, Sl4yer, that's useful info, we'll give it a go. Be nice to pin it down for sure before we take out anything else .[:)]
many thank's for the advice..
all the best phil99.