406 V6 and mpr 1956 and anyone else who can help!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Helen

406 V6 and mpr 1956 and anyone else who can help!

Post by Helen »

Dear 406 V6 and mpr 1956
Many thanks for your advice on the clip - its now secured with a plastic tie until I can get to a dealer to replace it.
Can I pick your brains for one more thing and then hopefully I'll be able to leave you in peace?
Whenever the manual adjuster is at the normal ride height the rear suspension operates normally but the front suspension raises the front to the max and there is no play in the suspension - rock hard whenever you then move the manual adjuster to the low position the rear and front suspension will both drop to the low setting but when put back to the normal postion the front goes to the max.
The front plastic clip is fine and working
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

sounds like you have the clip problem on the front too, with the clip broken you only have high max or low, i believe.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

oh, ok.
not sure then, maybe the height corrector needs a good clean.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Or the clamp round the anti roll bar needs adjusting.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Helen, how rock hard is it?
Does it feel like a very full basket ball, very bouncy, or really really hard, with no movement at all (like when at the lowest setting)?
Indeed a loose clamp at the ARB could cause this, as no feedback from it to the height corrector, telling to cut the hydraulic feed to the cilinders, would raise it to the maximum height, until it can't go up no more.
Be very carefull adjusting it, if i recall from past posts, a 1mm adjustment at the clamp is around 1cm in height displacement.
Tell us how it's going, fell free to ask we all like helping fellow citroenists [:)]