Reprogramming new key fob!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

106XS1998

Reprogramming new key fob!

Post by 106XS1998 »

Lost my central locking key fob, its the 1 button ir one.
Bought an old one from ebay, and i have herd there is an easy way of setting it for the central locking!
I have tried putting the spare key in ignition and turning to a, and poiinting the key at the sensor, but dont work?
Any ideas please?!?
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

According to the manual for my 306 the below procedure needs to be done to program the remote.
1. Turn on the ignition
2. Within 10 seconds hold the original plip pointed at the sensor, about 8" away from it and press either button
3. Within a further 10 seconds do the same for the new plip. (you see you need a spare key - or remove the blade)
4. Turn off the ignition and test plip.
Are you sure the key you got from ebay is working?
I tested mine by getting my digital camera/camera phone and pointing the key at the lens and looking at the lcd screen and pressing the button on the key, if you can see the infra red LED light up white you know that the key should be working.
Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Post by Wookey »

Hijacking the topic slightly - I have a sinmilar problem for my Expert. It has a peugeot-fitted alarm, which is actually made by Texalarm (IIRC). The van came with 2 keyfobs but I have only ever been able to make one of them work at a time. Peugeot have been utterly useless - they can't even tell if it is supposed to support 2 keys at the same time.
I've spend hours pushing buttons and going through sequences detailed by alarm suppliers and can make either fob work with a lot of faffing, but as soon as I get the 'other' fob working the one that was working seems to stop.
Can anyone tell me how I find out
1) Can I get both fobs working at once
2) How to do it
3) Whether my fobs need to be a matched set and how to check whether they are or not.
I do have all the numbers on the alarm/immobiliser writen down somewhere, but they are not to hand right now.
There are also a load of dip switches on the alarm box - It would be good to know what they are for.
Thanx for any clues you can give. Currently both of us can get into the car, but only one of us can start it, which isn't very handy.
Just knowing how to nobble the immobiliser would also be helpful. (It can't be anything to do with the engine/pump as I swapped that and things still work as before).
Quinny
My Cars:

Post by Quinny »

Don't think it might be relevant,but you never know.....
Talking to my colleague in the orifice today,and he has a 12 month old Mercedes,and he has 2 keys with it.One is the normal run of the mill plip,which does everything but drive the car,whereas the other is an emergency one,which will let you start the engine only once,and once you've done that,and stopped the engine,it renders the starting facility on the plip useless,however,you can still get into the car.
Maybe it's just a Mercedes thing........