Bye bye Citroen forum

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ebod
My Cars:

Bye bye Citroen forum

Post by ebod »

...well, this it...3 yrs of Citroen onwership just ended today. Deposit was just taken on my Synergie and it gets collected in a few days.
Overall, my Nov-98 1.9TD SX was definately one of the best automotive buys I have ever done. The seeds of discontentment crept in last December when the clutch went, then a string of other things such as ECU , exhaust, gear linkage cables , steering rack. The bloke taking it over has probably just got a gem with loads of major bugs fixed.
Unfortunately, since the natural replacement for the Synergie ( C8 ) is well out of my budget even used, I've just picked up a 2.9 DOHC 16V common rail KIA Sedona with leather trim. So its off to www.kia-forums.com for me and I'll close with a big thanx to all that advised me during my troublesome days when my ECU went into meltdown.
cheers
[;)]
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Nobody said Citroens were reliable, but nothing rides like the hydropnumatic ones!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Good luck with the sitdowner, they look like a useful motor even if the grille does look like a chinee with loads of gold teeth.
Stewart
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

See it's not just me with a Orientle car. But I have kept the Megane (sexy) soft top. Good look with the new motor. My Mazda has proven faultless so far.
Rostami
My Cars:

Post by Rostami »

I am sure that after a few months you will return to us...
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Ah the wonderful world of Kia- hated by Clarkson, loved by owners!!! As well as the BX we have a Kia Carens MPV with the 2.0 version of the engine, open the bonnet and you'll see that all the injection gear is Bosch- they are apparently a big player in Korea, they missed out in Japan and didn't want to miss out again!!!
The set-up on the 2.0 is basically the same as the PSA HDI system, only you pay a lot less money for it....... I would imagine its the same on the Sedona.
Ignore Clarkson- Kia make very good and very reliable cars-we were going to buy a Picasso but having seen how poorly put together my friend one was, and how useless the dealer was, we heard good things about the local Kia dealer, test drove a Carens and it came as a bit of a shock as to how good it was, and bought one!!!Apparently according to Honest John its the best handling MPV you can get.
You won't be dissapointed...[:)] I still like my BX though.....[:p]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I believe they are very reliable, Friend at work has just got a Hyundai coupe (same part of the world!!)he's absolutely over the moon with it loads better built than the Audi A3 he was going to buy.
5 year warrany plus very very reasonable dealer costs, £45 for a minor service and brake check, plus genuine apologies when the alarm went a bit mad leaving his wife and daughter locked out, When he got it back from dealer she got a bunch of flowers and a handwritten letter of appology. (she is a darling though[;)])
Had a go in it and I have to say it feels tightly built than any german car at the moment, you get that last for a hundred years feeling about it!
Plus he saved about £6000[:0][:0]