BX GTI odd hydraulic piping

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

arnonf

BX GTI odd hydraulic piping

Post by arnonf »

Hello all,
I'm rebuliding a 1991 BX1.9 GTI (no ABS).
I have a rather strong LHM fluid leak from the front hight corrector's return hose. I understand that this is a common weak point.
As access to this point is limited, I went to my local Citroen shop and took a look in another BX that had its engine removed, to see exactly how this tube connects.
It goes into a wide rubber pipe that enters the LHM reservoir just beside the HP pump feed pipe (this pipe is referenced as pipe "B" in Citroen's documentation).
The BX that I've looked into has a pair of pipes that join this "B" pipe. This is also consistent with the original Citroen shop manual that I have.
However, my GTI has a triplet... three pipes that join the "B" pipe. I cannot tell which of those three comes from the HC, and I would like to know where this third pipe came from...
Can anyone shed some light on this ?
Many thanks,
Arnon
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Hmmm, im now confused too! I was under the impression that the third pipe was a return from the ABS unit, but perhaps its a return from the PAS rack? Best go have a look on the BXClub.co.uk forum as i think it's come up on there before now!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

This group of the octopus, from the Citroen Hydraulic manual joins:
height corrector and the steering ram,
height corrector,
safety switch
and the second pipe in on the reservoir(The high one).
There should be three inputs and I would trace the leak pipe from the safety switch because I reckon that is missing.