Side-effect of the MG-Rover demise

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andycarter
My Cars:

Side-effect of the MG-Rover demise

Post by andycarter »

One local dealer "Luffield Rover" is now...
Luffield Citroen!!
http://www.autowired.co.uk/news/article ... ryid=14451
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

SGL Phoenix Rover is now Toyota!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Rover now Toyota!!!!! So they have a piece of the action now, Honda and BMW left over.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Well, no I meant the local Rover dealer is now pedling Toyotas.
Proof I did my time on the Austin Rover Shovel....
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Brings back memories Marty.. I was once loaned a maestro as a courtesy car (!) while my BX was being sorted ( The guy was shaking with laughter as he gave me the keys ) I repaid this "courtesy" by thrashing the thing to within an inch of its life. I have to admit that not only did the car take all I could give it, but was actually not a bad drive, although I was glad to get back in the BX. (I take it that the rubber spoiler on the hatch lid was to push against, rather than to improve aerodynamics ? LOL)
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

The spoiler and roof rack (bolted through the roof) were inherited with the car when I bought it (£100 I seem to remember changed hands).
1.3 - apart from rampant rust it went forever.
stewart_c
My Cars:

Post by stewart_c »

I had one for 6 months to replace the montego that went to the scrapie along with the donor one in the garage,then thing got realy "interesting & expensive" I bought a Xantia
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Got to say, my early talking MG 1.6 Maestro was one of the best cars I've had. Easy to work on, sounded great (twin webbers) and a good load lugger. When it came back from Longbridge after my Dad and his mates had it for 2 weeks, it was an RS turbo muncher no problems. Biggest problem though was......rust.