Facelift Xantia 1.9TD Estate

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Woody260
My Cars:

Facelift Xantia 1.9TD Estate

Post by Woody260 »

<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><b></b><font size="2"></font id="size2"><font size="3"></font id="size3"><font color="blue"></font id="blue">Can anyone assist please? Xantia 1.9TD Estate Facelift Model 98 with 123k on the clock.Gone up a bit since last I was here lol. I've owned this car for around 3 years now and overall its been fine, but over the last 3 weeks I started to get intermittent problems. (1)The ABS warning light sometimes stayed on. now on all the time..what should I do.....Could it be a sticking sensor, or is it something more drastic? (2) Big problem requiring swift attention..... Front windscreen wipers....sometime the stalk switch wouldnt activate the wipers...all other functions of the switch work normally......Now wipers wont operate at all They're stuck in the upright position. I checked appropriate fuse thats OK Not a Citroen 'diesel head' and not able to do much mechanical fiddling... I gather theres a relay...so I looked behind footwell cover removed / refitted relays there and in holder under bonnetin case of bad contact.... Could it be just the relay or is it that the stalk switch is defunct ? Any guidance very gratefully received Thanks
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

First check for the ABS is to test all the sensors for continuity. there should be a connector in the lead for each wheel - at the front - somewhere under the bonnet I expect. Disconnect this and simply measure the resistance across the 2 terminals (usually centre and outer ring.) Open circuited one will be the problem and should be replaced. If its the lead (which it often is)these can be repaired if you are handy with a soldering iron!
I'm not sure about a relay for the wipers.
Woody260
My Cars:

Post by Woody260 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jeremy</i>

First check for the ABS is to test all the sensors for continuity. there should be a connector in the lead for each wheel - at the front - somewhere under the bonnet I expect. Disconnect this and simply measure the resistance across the 2 terminals (usually centre and outer ring.) Open circuited one will be the problem and should be replaced. If its the lead (which it often is)these can be repaired if you are handy with a soldering iron!
I'm not sure about a relay for the wipers.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
OK Jeremy Thats a help Thanks I'll take a look at those areas over the weekend. Thanks! [:D]