QH products - any experience?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

czenda
My Cars:

QH products - any experience?

Post by czenda »

Hi, I got QH clutch for my BX. I have no previous experience with their products and their website provides only a "management zombie" talk - leading, largest, bestest of all.
Any "real life" experience with this particular aftermarket brand?
Thanx.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

QH, been around for ever. Never had any problems with any of their stuff. Having drove mainly BL, Austin and Rover untill I saw the light, I generaly had ball joints from them. No problems encountered. QH stands for Quinton Hazel I believe.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

I've used bits from them and they have all performed reliably, they dont do an uprated or better than oe spec parts i dont think, but what they do do, seems to be to oe spec and work just as well
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I didn't know they were still going! Must be good. I get most of my bits from GSF.
czenda
My Cars:

Post by czenda »

Very well then!
The thing was that when doing a market research, I found that SACHS clutch is about twice the price of Valeo clutch, while the QH is about 2/3 of the Valeo part.
Having already bought the QH one, I can sleep peacefully now [8D].
Thanx!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

QH have a load of parts lists available for download on their site. can be useful when the partsman denies knowledge of the existance of the thermostat on the shelf behind him and also for finding out if the bit you need is used on other makes.
In fact they are in PDF form which makes them even more useful as using the acrobat search facility you can discover which other makes share the bit you want.
jeremy