Northern Meet!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

Northern Meet!

Post by vanny »

It's time for another one! and im not the only one to think so either! The idea has started in Marty's thread about his ZX and to keep it on topic i thought i'd bring it out here! I'll try to keep the most uptodate information at the top here, so keep checking
<b><font color="red">UPDATED <font size="2">a little</font id="size2"> 16/09/05</font id="red"></b>
<b>When?</b>
Sunday the 25th of September around 12noon-2pm
<b>Where?</b>
Rompers public house, Near the viewing galleries at Manchester airport
<b>Who?</b>
Well i think we already have quite a few people on board! I've no car at the moment but have been offered lifts by all and sundry and can steal the AX, so i'm in for this one, you never know i might have the BX together by the time it happens! Other takers are listed below;
<ul><li>Marty - Preston </li><li>Vanny - Liverpool/Wirral </li><li>James.UK - North Cheshire </li><li>Mr B - Fleetwood</li><li>Mike - West Yorkshire</li><li>Stewart - Wrexham</li><li>Cav mad - probably wont make it!</li><li>MrWray - Middleton</li><li>Cavemansi - will beat him if he doesn't show!</li><li>Any more?</li><li>you know who you are</li></ul>
This will be a general social event, probably including a sit down meal and stretching accross lunch time. Open to all and sundry though to be held somewhere up here in the North [:D]. Kids/ otherhalves/ parents welcome if you want to drag them along.
Any suggestions for dates/places then please include them here!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Cheers Vanny.. [:)]
Mike? (Yorks.. uhn113x) Can you make it? are you well enough to drive? if not I'm sure we can shuffle lifts about and ensure you get picked up and dropped off. [:)]
Stewart? (oilyspanner) you able to make any dates? [:)]
I have always fancied seeing the Canal boat lift. Anderton I think its called, anyway its near the M56 M6 Northwich area. Or watch the planes come and go at Mcr airport? But.. Based on past experience we wont leave the pub once we get comfy.. lol.. [:I] [:D]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Boat lift sounds good, or perhaps somewhere like MSIm at Manchester - excellent place to spend a day with several good pubs nearby - free admission just pay to park.
Will try and coerce some members of BXClub along as well.
There are two CCC meets in the near future too - a meeting at the transport museum in Manchester on the 18th of September (we could gatecrash!) and one at the Embasy Steam Railway but not 100% sure of the date.
Talking of the Embasy steam railway (near Skipton) - there is a cracking 1940's weekend on also 18th September.
There is also a weekend at Crewe Engineering Works - but blowed if I can remember the date.
Wife?????? Child?????? you must be off your tights Vanny - have you met them????
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

I dont suppose any 'tag alongs' are desperate/stupid enough to join us, but im not gonna be shot for not inviting them! You know they're all registered on here and read everything we do! The Walls have ears, remember that and you'll do alright!
Well up for gate crashing the CCC (or maybe we can get an invite) largely as i've been umming and ahhing for a long time over joining, and i think i might have some tupences come the end of September to pay for it!
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I'm up for owt, and I'll be coming on me own. Mrs B has enough of me twittering on about bits of cars and stuff without meeting up with a bunch of like minded loons! To her credit, she is a dab hand with an angle-grinder and the sound of a V8 gives her goose bumps! Bless!
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by James.UK</i>
Mike? (Yorks.. uhn113x) Can you make it? are you well enough to drive? if not I'm sure we can shuffle lifts about and ensure you get picked up and dropped off. [:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi James
Thanks for that - yes - been driving since June now - DVLA + GP on my side.
Only problem may be we are away 10-9 to 18-9 - off to France in DS, also previous weekend, but we are away again 6-10 to 11-10 for 50th anniversary of DS.
It will be a pity if I cannot make it, as I would love to meet up again.
Embsay sounds interesting - the line has been opened up a bit more now, and I believe there are some interesting pressure lanterns and stoves (another of my many vices)
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by uhn113x</i>

Embsay sounds interesting - the line has been opened up a bit more now, and I believe there are some interesting pressure lanterns and stoves (another of my many vices)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Your not wrong there - there is a stack load at the Bolton Abbey station.
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

Count me in, probably. I'm in Shipley, north of Bradford, so nowhere's too far for me.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

For the steam rail enthusiasts, http://www.selrap.org.uk/ (Skipton Colne area..)
As Ralph is in Skipton maybe he will be kind enough to obtain some Rail event dates for us?
hmmm Stewart is quiet? (oilyspanner) is he away? or busy playing with his new xantia? [:D]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Up for a Sunday meet afaik in September, not playing with Xantia, going to give it to my old man, his current drive is NASTY!
Stewart
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Mike, as you seem to be the most 'booked up' person affected, can you give us a date that's good for you please, (or maybe a couple of dates) it will be a good starting point for planning the actual meeting. [:)]
Cheers.. James..
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by James.UK</i>

Mike, as you seem to be the most 'booked up' person affected, can you give us a date that's good for you please, (or maybe a couple of dates) it will be a good starting point for planning the actual meeting. [:)]
Cheers.. James..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi James
Thank you.
Free on:
Aug 27/28
Sep 24/25
Oct 1/2 15/16 and all following dates AFAIK
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Sept 24th / 5th and all in October good for me (August date clashes with holiday & wedding aniversary so for longevity of knackers will have to pass on those dates!)
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Okie dokie...
So far we have sept 24/5th looking favourite. [:)] Next is some time mid to late October, shorter days though and not so warm?
1-8th Oct not good for me as I will be on holiday in Lyme Regis. [:)]. I go early (went in April) and late to avoid the holiday crowds.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Sept 24/25 duly marked on my calendar, now as to the where chaps?????
Stewart