Xantia, Windscreen leak, intermitent wiper fail

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andy_brookes

Xantia, Windscreen leak, intermitent wiper fail

Post by andy_brookes »

Does anyone else get an occasional leak from the windscreen during very heavy showers?? It comes from the top of the screen, runs half way down and then drips on to the dash....makes a nice puddle on the passager side below the grab handle of death! Wondering if its the screen leaking or maybe the sunroof.
The intermitant option for the front wipers stopped working of late, it went though a dodgy period of nearly working but not quite. Now it doesnt work at all. Think it may be the relay that has given up, but where is it!?? Anyone any ideas...
Think thats all thats wrong with the tank at the moment other than the rear suspension, but who knows what might fail or fall off on the way home tonight!!
Cheers Andy
93 1.9 td
andy_brookes

Post by andy_brookes »

Just remembered something else wrong! from time to time a yellow warning light appears on the dash, its on the right of the speedo and revs and looks like a light bulb, but not to sure. Have looked in the manual but it does not mention this warning light at all. Citroen seem to be brilliant!!! at keeping handbooks up to date!
Cheers Andy
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I think you will find the relay somewhere behind the fuse box, IIRC you can get to them by removing the trim panel above the pedals.
Try this thread for the mistery light.
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=1432
Dave
higgy
My Cars:

Post by higgy »

The relay is at the rear of all the other relays above the brake pedal,its really difficult to see. Mine was blue and is attatched to a bracket screwed to the box holding all the other relays.