Bought a ZX (again)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Bought a ZX (again)

Post by martyhopkirk »

The car one only dreams of coming across.
1994 Reflex 1.9D (poverty spec- but with PAS) in shiny shiny Black.
ONE OWNER
51000 Miles - yes only 51000!!!! Its mint inside and out.
Full Citroen Main Dealer Hsitory.
Lovely.[8D]
Anyone want an AX? Very very cheap. Im in lurve again - why did I ever get rid of my first ZX?
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Looks fairly mint, shiny isn't it?
Are you sure you don't want another BX or a CX or somesuch instead?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Wow, I aint never seen a black one with such good bady work and paint job. Are you sure you aint done one of those computer body shop jobs? trying to impress us all?
Only joking it looks great, makes me want another old ZX, but the wife & impending baby say NO!.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

but the wife & impending baby say NO!.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Wife (with inpending baby) & child say yes - thank [deity of choice] it works, doesnt groan or squeak and clunk when being driven and doesnt need starting with my booster pack.
It even came with Tax & Mot till next year and 1/2 a tank of diesel.
£600![:D]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Looks like I just bought a Xantia tonight too[:D], will post pics tomorrow , not quite as shiny as yer ZX mate,but a known, looked after good un, I will give it to my dad to repace a disgusting F**d. Hope you ar getting over the sad loss of Vera I suppose, you must have been star crossed or something on that one.
Stewart
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

BLACK[?] I thought it was a green one. Oh, if it's black is more than likely an Ex private hire from BlackTax in Blackpool. So that will be 246,000 miles then........[:0][}:)][;)][:o)][B)]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

'ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ' very unkind of me - Precious (wife's zx 1.9D) will probaly expire on me tomorrow!
You know all about them Marty - but for those who don't they are a seriously good car - drive nicely, are extremely reliable and don't burn much fuel!
But I prefer my BX TD Estate even though its done about 130,000 miles more!
jeremy
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Bamber</i>

BLACK[?] I thought it was a green one. Oh, if it's black is more than likely an Ex private hire from BlackTax in Blackpool. So that will be 246,000 miles then........[:0][}:)][;)][:o)][B)]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Greeen, no thats every on the car on the driveway! Just swapped the radio tonight out of the AX - now I dont have anyone asking me to pick up outside the public bogs at Central Car Park.[}:)]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jeremy</i>Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yep for the brief time I had Vera (my Tizzy Dee) in my life and it was on the road it was more fun, more comfortable and more paractical. Sadly it was just so bloody unreliable - and I need boring reliability in my work hack.
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Nice. I can't say I've seen many black ZXs.
Is that a dent on the bonnet, or is my monitor dirty? Still, for 600 quid you can't complain.
Enjoy
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ross_K</i>

Is that a dent on the bonnet, or is my monitor dirty? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nahh - reflection of the light - there is a dint by the NS indicator (new lamp) and a couple of small parking dints in the drivers door, but I do mean small compared with my 2000 Xantia even, the bodywork is in superb condition.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

For £600 you simply can't get a better buy. [^] Nice one Marty.. [:)]
It is very shiny indeed isn't it Marty? [8)] [:D] Must be quite the shiniest one I have seen.. [;)] [:D] please promise never to park it next to my road salt grey one ok.. lol..
Black always looks classy.. [^] and personaly I love the 1.9D ZX think its the bees knees.. "Basic" spec means less problems in my book. It has power steering so what more do you need, its a brilliant lil car.. Your transport problems should now be over Marty... [^]
Do I want an AX? .. hmm ...... my reply will be written on a piece of paper and handed to the clerk of the court. [;)] [:o)] [8)] [:D]
I await Stewart posting pics and spec of his new Xantia.. [:)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Not wanting to rub salt in James - you know you were after a rubber mat for the dash - guess what my ZX came with.......
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Marty.. <b>SHURRUPP</b>!!!! [}:)] [:D] (hopes Marty brings it to a meet soon. things often go missing from cars left in pub car parks.. heh heh... [;)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

I thinks we need another meet soon - Mike (P) seems to be back on his feet again and Im sure Stewart & Vanny can be coerced - possibly even Mr. B too. Suppose best wait till August is out though and all the jollies are done with.
Thanks for the mails - will give them a ring.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

I thinks we need another meet soon - Mike (P) seems to be back on his feet again and Im sure Stewart & Vanny can be coerced - possibly even Mr. B too. Suppose best wait till August is out though and all the jollies are done with.
Thanks for the mails - will give them a ring.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yup, I'll have some of that[:D]