Rear suspension wow's!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andy_brookes

Rear suspension wow's!

Post by andy_brookes »

Hi All,
Got some probs with my rear suspension, yesterday morning on the way to work the rear started getting hard as I drove. After work I started it up and the rear end stayed on the floor (early sinker model!) but the front cam up normally. Played around with the height adjuster for a bit and the rear rose to the high setting but would not sit normally, either stayed fully up or fully down. So drove home with it back end down and have the back acke to prove it! Started it this morning and drove it dragster style to work, rear up front normal, during the 40 mile jorney the rear slowly returned to normal ride height. So i'm wondering if the height corrector has stopped workings or is it something else. Hope ya can help.
Cheers Andy
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Check out rear H/C linkages. Broken, seized or ball popped out.
Shouldn't be too hard to sort but be sure you use a pit, a hoist, axle stands or ramps. Remember; what goes up, must come down - preferrably whilst you're not under it as can happen when fiddling with height correctors.
Alan S
andy_brookes

Post by andy_brookes »

Cheers, think it'll be out with the wd40 tonight on the h/c.... maybe its to do with all the wet weather of late, may have washed some dirt into the h/c.
Cheers Andy
andy_brookes

Post by andy_brookes »

Sorted..... It was the little plastic link, the anti roll bar end had popped of. Made sure I had the car on axle stands (very good advice, as the car shot to the ground when I jacked it up to take the axle stands out) and popped it back on, that end is very worn so have held it on with a couple of (fix anything!!) tie wraps until I can get round to getting a new link.
Cheers Andy
HYD
My Cars:

Post by HYD »

Hello! How can I adjust rear suspension height on my Xantia (1.6X, 1993). I know that the height adjuster is between rear wheels, what should I do to set suspension to normal level (front end is OK), because it is almost fully up when it should be on normal level for dirivng. Thanks!
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Sounds like the plastic link has come off on your car too, I'v had it come off and the suspension dropped, others have had it come off and the suspension rises.
First thing to do is get (safely) under and have a look.
Dave
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

Is it the same with front end, meaning that front high corrector might perform simmilar problems. My front end sometimes wouldn't rise on the 1st upper position when trying to raise the Xantia. I must do it every night when park the car in my garage. If I choose to raaise it to maximum level than system will perform it every time. I asked about that problem during last regular service and got an answer that it can happen often on Xantias; not to be so worried and to use maximum high level when parking the car in simlar situations.
Opinions?
Thanks in advance
Green tooth