Replacing anti-sink

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

smashymike

Replacing anti-sink

Post by smashymike »

I've got the three spheres at the back to do this weekend. Should be ok with the fist two but the anti sink fills me with panic. It's got a small pipe behind (?) if i understand right. What's the procedure for replacing this one as knowing me i'll give up if it cause me any grief!! I should be ok with underbody access, i've got a sphere 'tool' which was my best buy to do the fronts/accy so should i have any probs? I do need to depressurise but just when in the removal procedure??
basil40

Post by basil40 »

you need a 9mm open ended spanner!!! you definitely need to depressurise - beware - make sure the rear end is fully depressurised or else you'll have a LHM fountain. Wait about 10 mins for the rear arm to depressurise. Undo the nut, make sure the pipe disconnects and then break the join on the sphere. Ensure that the pipe is not turning as you unscrew gently. It's not for the faint hearted. You should have encountered exactly the same issue with the front near side anti sink?
smashymike

Post by smashymike »

Can't say i've seen a front anti-sink? 95N TD Xantia? I did the three at the front including accumulator but this is non-hydractive so i'm assuming this is all i've got.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by smashymike</i>

Can't say i've seen a front anti-sink? 95N TD Xantia? I did the three at the front including accumulator but this is non-hydractive so i'm assuming this is all i've got.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
There is no front anti-sink sphere on any model, only a front anti-sink valve. Perhaps basil hadn't had his morning coffee before he posted? [:D]
Regards,
Simon
basil40

Post by basil40 »

I thought he had an Activa!!