HDI issues?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

orion1210

HDI issues?

Post by orion1210 »

Hi,
I have a Vreg 2.0 HDI 306. When i put my foot down i get a clicking noise, does not increase with revs. If i run the turbo with a little less 'pedal' it stops. It's more noticable when its cold and also when the air temps cold. For these reasons i wondered if it may be the boost regulator solenoid (if its got one!?!). What do you think? if so how much £££ for parts and how easy is it to replace?
Thanks in advance
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

No boost control solenoid on these, just an old fashioned wastegate pressure fed from the turbo housing.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Does this clicking dissapear at high engine speeds? I have a similar problem with a rattle on a W-reg 306 HDi which is louder the harder you accelerate, but dissapears at engine speeds above 3100rpm.
I think I've narrowed it down to worn injectors, but I'm still not 100% sure.
orion1210

Post by orion1210 »

Yeah, its louder the harder i accelerate but does not dissapear at all through the revs unless i ease off the accelerator.
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

I would get the crankshaft pulley checked out, just to be safe. They have a habit of disintergrating and when they go they can take the cambelt with them....
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rossd</i>

I would get the crankshaft pulley checked out, just to be safe. They have a habit of disintergrating and when they go they can take the cambelt with them....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I agree, the crankshaft pulley problem on the HDI can make your engine sound dreadfull. Get it checked. [}:)]