Anyone interested in a free Ipod ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Mosser
My Cars:

Anyone interested in a free Ipod ?

Post by Mosser »

Follow the link below to recieve an ipod shuffle for free! Thats right FREE, all you have to do is register and follow a few simple steps, it's easy you will see for your self. I've just done it - it took about 10 mins (VERY bored in work at the mo)
http://iPodShuffleGiveaway.co.uk/index. ... rral=50050
"What's The Catch?"
Well only one and it's very small! Once you've logged on to the website from the link you have to complete an offer then get some friends to do the same. So here's the good news:
You can sign up for DVD rental company Screenselect for a FREE trial. This counts as one of your offers, + this offer will be credited to you after 5 days of opening the free trial so you can cancel it after 6 days and it wont cost you a thing!
So get all your friends to do the same and you got yourself a free i-pod!
Worried its a scam?? DONT BE. Even the BBC says it's for real!!! Check this link to see what the BBC say about it!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/n ... 683524.stm
Also, please note this offer is open to UK residents only.
Worth a go if you can be arsed!
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

It's a Pyramid scam!
Did you actually get a free ipod into your hand? Nope.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Pyramid scam ?, but you dont ever pay any money to anyone for anything, so how can you be scammed ?,
I have done the pyramid scams many years ago where you pay a tenner for a place in a queue for a free ipod (or similar) and you wait 3 months for your place to come up to get the item, and the owners close the site a do a legal runner with your money, I am wise to those sort of scams and wont be getting conned again,
If you visit the site and read the T's and C's closely (like i have already done), you will find this is a genuine offer and wont cost you a penny,
All you do is
1, sign up for an account using the link in my first post
2, sigh up for 5 free dvd rentals using the link you will be sent (totally free, will never cost you any money and you get 5 free dvd rentals!)
3, between 6 days and 18 days from signing up for the free dvd link, you cancel you subscription (easily done with 2 clicks on the mouse, not letters to send or anything complicated)
4, get 4 other people to do the same and thats it, the free ipod will be on its way to you!, no costs at all involved, just a free ipod for 30 minutes of your time
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

it provides the scammer with a lovely huge database which is then sold off. Bet you hate getting spam mail, well now you know one of the many ways they do it! No catch HA
Not to mention then then sign you up for all sorts of 'special' thee month promotions, which if you don't cancel after one month will lock you into a 12 month contract inevitably costing you a fortune in bills!
There is no such thing as new technology for nothing! Old technology, well the world is full of free BX's!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

make mine a 16V vanny :-)
And yes, to stay on topic, i feel the above the is a scam of one sort or another.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Too many scams out there to trust anyone. It's a great way to "acquire" details for people. They even get your home address if they are going to deliver something to you.
It's like the Crazy Frog thing. They've made millions by duping people into entering a contract where they send you loads of text messages that cost you money.
By the way, it's a viscous rumour that I was dancing to Crazy Frog on the Saturday night of the 2cv world meeting...
Ahem.
Ian
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Mosser,
I've got 250 million dollars in a Nigerian bank account....
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

so your Mr Smith! If i understand correctly all i have to do is send you a cheque for £500 and you'll transfer the $250 million into my bank account! Your so kind! Whats your address to post the cheque to? <Im taking the p**s by the way, i dont wanna know where you live >
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Well, they could so easily get any of the details that i provided them with on the internet anyway, so its not like they are worth anything, plus, i'm quite looking forward to the first 2 free dvd rentals arriving in the morning !,
I will let you all know when my shiney new Ipod arrives !! (and gloat about it too!)
does anyone want to challenge me to find out their proper name, address and phone number just using online methods ?, it should only take me about 10 minutes !. personal info is so easily available these days on the internet
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

http://www.samspade.org/t/lookat?a=iPod ... away.co.uk
If there is anybody local, perhaps they could politely ask for Mosser's free iPod! (I'm not actually serious about this [;)]).
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Sorry, but I have to agree with everyone on this...cant even explain why you would even think about doing it, although you have said you did a pyramid scheme already, not sure why you would take the chance of getting ripped off again, while their are people out there continuing to do it then there will be thieves happy enough to take your money which you seem quite happy giving up for nothing in return, cant say I blame them really if its that easy!