Sporty seats

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jpl
My Cars:

Sporty seats

Post by jpl »

Is it possible to put seats from a 3 door 205 into a 5 door 205 by swapping over the subframes? It is hard to find a 5 door 205 with GTI like seats (e.g.) XS, diesel turbo,STDT.I find the ordinary seats very soft and lacking support.
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

Hi jpl,with all your questions about modifications to your 205 it seems to me that what you really need to do is buy a GTI then you wont have to mess about with it!I know ive been there,i tried owning a base model car-i sold it within 2 weeks,they are very boring.The only problem being insurance if your young will be expensive,but just try getting a quote for something like a 405 sri,you might be suprised to see how cheap it is to insure compared to a hathback car,regards,matt
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

The 205gt or 5 door dturbo have sporty seats. I think they should be a straight swap, 3dr or 5dr seats are the same, front and back.
I have an xs which I ahve modified and many people have said why not just buy a gti and they are missing the point. I enjoy modding my xs and I can do stuff on it that I just can't do on a gti.
Paulmi16
My Cars:

Post by Paulmi16 »

Most people miss the point with the XS, with some careful tuning they are nearly as fast as the 1.6 GTi, and fall into the cheap road tax band.
Paul.
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

Yep, £110 a year road tax, £200 a year insurance including mods and track day cover, 30mpg and over 100bhp.
It only weighs 760kg without my fat @rse in it so I guess it is pretty much on a par with a 1.6gti, up to 80 anyway.
jpl
My Cars:

Post by jpl »

In talking to a Peugeot breaker he seems to think the 3 door seats have different hole spacing underneath than the 5 door which will make swopping the subframes very difficult. Has anyone any experience of this as it is proving difficult to find 5 door sport seats(e.g. STDT)