Citroen C5 2.2 HDI SX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnnyM

Citroen C5 2.2 HDI SX

Post by JohnnyM »

I have just purchased a 2001 C5 and want to know if anyone has come across any vibrations when travelling at 70mph. It seems to lessen as speed increases or decreases.[?]Is it to do with the suspension[?]
madasafish

Post by madasafish »

Check the rear suspension recall mods have been done under warrnaty.
CITROEN-SUCKER

Post by CITROEN-SUCKER »

I have the 2.0 SX model and never had anyproblem till i got 17" alloys put on but only very mild. I think it is just the wheels not being balanced very well
J.J.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Get the wheels balanced first. As the wheels used on the SX have no hole in the centre a lot of balancing machines won't take them and so places either don't balance them or guess at it. I had quite a bad vibration after a puncture repair when I had my C5 - the local dealer put the wheel straight on their balancing machine and it was a mile out.
brianr.uk

Post by brianr.uk »

i've just bought a C5 2.0 hdi sx and had similar problems.had ALL the wheels balanced and it seems ok now.as blueboy said there are only a few places that can balance the wheels because of the solid centres.avoid citroen they wanted £60 + vat.got mine done for £6 + vat each wheel.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Just to let you all know who drive C5's that I envy you [V]
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

I found that paying extra and having stick on balance weights gave much better results than those ones which clip on the rim. Also they don't f%$# up the alloy wheel rims.......
Regards
Philip
JohnnyM

Post by JohnnyM »

Thanks guys, I got my front wheels balanced however still vibrating at 70ish. Going to get the back ones balanced and see what happens!!