Peugeot 306 Alarm...

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JonJop

Peugeot 306 Alarm...

Post by JonJop »

I know this has probably been posted before so sorry if it had...
First of all was having problems with central locking...found a broken wire, soldered it up and the central locking now works perfectly. The only probem is that the alarm is still going off, after locking it it probably takes 30mins to 2 hours and the alarm will go off, and then every 30mins after it will go off. I have tried all sorts, disconnecting interior lights etc, there really isn't anything obvious. At the moment I am having to lock the car with the key. It's driving me nuts now and I don't fancy paying crazy money to Peugeot to try and find out what the fauly is. Any ideas??????
Thanks
Linchpin

Post by Linchpin »

Have you tried disconnecting one of the Motion sensors located behind the steering wheel? Also there is a button on the column, if you press and hold it untill the alarm light stays on, does the alarm still go off?
JonJop

Post by JonJop »

I've not tried this, I did press the button on the column but didn't hold it down. When you say until the light stays on do you mean the led on the dashboard?? And how long should it stay on for? Is this a common problem? I know that the standard fit alarms are useless!! I will try it tonight and if it works I guess all I have to do is disconnect the ultra sonics, although should a replacement part solve it?
logeyboy

Post by logeyboy »

Hi,
I'm also having alarm problems on my '95 306.
My alarm keeps going off intermittently, then turning itself off.
It also has the annoying habit of "beeping" once while I'm driving.
I've been advised this could be a main battery fault, but my battery is fully charged??
Even when I don't arm the alarm system it does this and I can't tun it off and just have to wait till it switches itself off!
I am missing the key in the engine compartment to turn the alarm off.
Is there an easy soultion to this?
And also is it easy just to disconnect the siren for the time being till i get it fixed properly??
[:(!]
amjake

Post by amjake »

Had similar problems with my 405 and Peterlee on this site gave a wide range of help and Peugout dealer cost me a few bob to glue a sensor and tell me to take hanging airfreshner off!!
In the end made the decision to save all the hassle of alarm sound/light flash etc and removed the fuse for the alarm. Immobilser etc. still works.
As I don't have an all singing all dancing CD/Hifi unit with subs etc. and don't leave valuables in car it made sense as the feedback seemed to say that alarms put on by Peuguot are not the best and unfortunately who pays any attention. Only problem is insurers should a theft arise.
good luck