few problems

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

b21playa

few problems

Post by b21playa »

ok here we go - these are with my 306
Fuel guage light comes on when its above thelowest marker, like 1/8 of a tank, i know its not normal cuz none of my other 2 came on like that
another is the car pulls to the left and i noticed the front wheel is pushed slightly back compared the drivers side, what cud this be?
martyb2
My Cars:

Post by martyb2 »

could be a bent strut or wishbone
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyb2</i>

could be a bent strut or wishbone
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
whats the best way to check?
are these easy to replace and at what cost?
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

if the wishbone was bent, would it bent its mounting points?
hill

Post by hill »

Also check for signs of damage behind the front bumper, the inner wing/chassis leg and where it all joins the bulkhead.
martyb2
My Cars:

Post by martyb2 »

its unlikely that it would bend its mounting points, but changing a strut and a wishbone are fairly easy jobs. The best way to check is just to look at it and see if there are any obvious signs of damage
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

just measured up and they look straight
must be tracking
stubbsy

Post by stubbsy »

if wishbones bent or any other geom,grab your self a tape rule.jack up one side at a time and remove both front and rear wheels.you will need 2 people for this.measurment from center of your front hub,to the center of your rear hub or stub axle(rear discs or drums).then do the same for other side and check differences
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by stubbsy</i>

if wishbones bent or any other geom,grab your self a tape rule.jack up one side at a time and remove both front and rear wheels.you will need 2 people for this.measurment from center of your front hub,to the center of your rear hub or stub axle(rear discs or drums).then do the same for other side and check differences
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
yeah m8 just done that and seems fine
think it needs tracking sorting