XM Air Con Belt Tensioner Bearing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

UFO
My Cars:

XM Air Con Belt Tensioner Bearing

Post by UFO »

Hello All
I am hoping someone here can help. The bearing in the aircon belt tensioner in my S2 12v V6 XM is just about shot. I know that I will have to slacken the tensioner to remove the belt, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it without growing additional joints in my fingers.
Of course Haynes book of laughs does not cover the V6 models - that would have made the book twice as thick.
Can anyone provide some hints?
anyone...
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Well if it's anything like a Xantia or a BX it will be accessed by raising the car, removing a front wheel and inner guard and using the same tool as is used to set the timing belt tension, a piece of 8mm square key steel with the last 25mm bent at right angles used to retain the tension until the retaining nut is tightened or in the case of a spring loaded tensioner, to ease the tension to allow it to set itself.
Alan S
aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

if I remmeber on my V6 S1, so the older engine version, the pulley runs in a groove, and you undo the nut/bolt/hex end, via the inner wing panel (so wheel off first as Alan says). Yours may be similar, but if it's the later 60-degree V6 I've not seen one so can't be sure.
Mine has the compressor above the rear cyl bank, with the belt driving the water pump too.
regards
Dave
UFO
My Cars:

Post by UFO »

Aha! You may be onto something there. Guess what I will be doing this weekend?
More suggestions welcome.
thanks