Rear axle suspension fitting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

106XS1998

Rear axle suspension fitting

Post by 106XS1998 »

Sorry to post this in here, but im having problems and i need help!
I am about to buy a 2nd hand rear axle for my 1998 106 as my trailing arm bearings are shot! I need help in fitting it? anyone have any instructions? How easy is it to do? or does anyone know of someone within 125 miles of Peterborough who could do it! I will Travel and pay them for there time!
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

I don't know the 106 specifically but there is plenty on this forum about trailing arm bearings - try the search. They seem to be pretty similar in construction througout the PSA range.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I think the 106 set up is similar to the ZX with torsion beam suspension. Replacing the bearings is a night mare, so most people resort to fitting a new rear subframe.
There are instructions here
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=1699
for changing the mounts on a ZX, I imagine a 106 will be similar. You will of course need to disconnect the brake pipe flexibles (fit new ones!) and the handbrake cables, which will mean removing the drums. You don't need to worry about getting the exterior mount bolts undone of course, since you will be fitting new mounts anyway. Don't forget to bleed the brakes on completion! The Haynes manual should give a reasonable procedure for this, but I'd reckon on it taking a good day, and probably needing 2 people to manoeuver the sub frame in and out from the car.